Heater plug stripped

May 7, 2014
Mid-Michigan
I was opening the pool last weekend and the heater plugs and opening are badly rusted and one completely stripped. Right now I am unable to run my system because it is not plugged. I would like to just get through the summer with the heater and replace next spring. My buddy tried to weld it closed but had a problem with the welder. So now I am think to add a bunch of JB Weld to seal that opening off. Any other suggestions before I go ahead and go this route? Not sure if there are other plugs that I could use that would hold up to the pressure. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

I probably could have drill and tapped it, but I was in a yank and don't really have that skill set. My buddy was able to weld enough to get the bolt in and I put JB weld all over the place. It is holding just fine right now, but might still need to figure out a more permanent fix. Again, just trying to get through the summer and will replace the heater next year. Thanks for the ideas everyone!

Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.