Filter gauge needle in wrong place

Maestro

Silver Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Cape May Court House, NJ
Just had my pool opened yesterday and I noticed the filter gauge needle didn't move when I turned on the pump. It looks to me like the needle is on the wrong side of the pin, so the pin seems to be blocking the needle. Is this fixable or do I need to order and install a new gauge?

9bb2e73e3755c554745eb935317c2201.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd just get a new one. The ones at tftestkits.net are very nice and not expensive at all. I get nothing out of suggesting them, I just prefer them myself.

A 3rd for the TFT gauge, all the major brand pool gauges are junk that die after a couple of years, invest in a quality gauge and it will last you a long time. I personally don't have one of the TFT gauges, but that is only because I already had a quality gauge before they started selling them.

You must have gotten water in the gauge's bourdon tube last summer which did not drain when you winterized. The water froze and stretched the tube which caused the needle to bottom out on the stop pin on the high pressure side. There is no way to fix it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.