Low pressure to slide

May 15, 2015
saltillo, ms
My pool slide water is connected to the water returns in the pool. I have an on/offf ball valve to turn water on/off to the slide. Good pressure to the pool but water to the slide has very low pressure. I cut the hose to the slide and water is being pushed to the slide but not enough pressure to come to top of slide. I have back-washed pool several times with no change noticed. If you put your hand over one of the returns in the pool there is enough back pressure for it to work correctly. what would cause low pressure like this to the slide?

need more power with your pump.

I have a Variable speed pump, new to me this year... I thought I had a clog, but just put the thing on more power and I almost have a waterfall from the slide when the pump is on higher speeds. from .5 to 3 hp is what it can do I think. When it is on 3 hp it gushes, when it is on 1 hp, it is a drizzle

Can you restrict flow to your pool returns independent of the slide? If you are pumping water to the pool returns and the slide at the same time, the water will exit to the pool returns before the slide. For every 1 foot of elevation rise, there is a 0.4# pressure rise, so if your pool slide is 8 feet high your pressure to pump it to the slide would have to be over 3# higher. All that being said, water will take the path of least resistance - straight to the pool. Yes, more power to the pump will equal more volume flowing so any restriction at the returns (eye balls) would balance with that of the slide.

Multiple returns? Trying plugging one and see how the slide works.

Pool Tool, I did a partial block of one of the eyes and got some pressure but was not sure I need to block the whole eye. I just don't know why it just stopped working when it has worked fine for 5 years. any ideas on why the sudden loss of pressure? thanks again for your reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.