Return flow

tvw361

May 23, 2016
West Mifflin PA
This is my first year for the pool, it is about 6-7 years old and was in the house I just purchased. I did some research and bought new pump and filter and plumbed everything with 2 inch pvc. Pool is quite dirty and I am about to start Slaming. But My question is if I start pump at pretty much any speed, I have tried all different speeds. I get a nice flow of water coming out of pump making the water swirl around pool. A couple hours later it seems like nothing is coming out of return, Pump settings haven't changed, cartridge pressure has not raised much but does raise a little. If I take cartridge out and clean, I get same good flow of water out of it and then couple hours later slow again. It is making me clean cartridge multiple times a day because I feel like it is not working correctly. Is pool just that dirty, or is something else occurring. I have tried turning up speed and priming incase there is air getting in, but that doesn't help. Also on the pump strainer, it goes from water splashing all around in there, to I can see the water slowly flowing out of pvc piping into the pump. Thanks in advance.

Cartridge filters do an excellent job of filtering. Sounds like your filter is doing its job, but you have a very dirty pool with lots of suspended material to remove. It's just going to take a lot of cartridge cleaning to get things cleared up.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

That is kinda what I thought, I wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something else. The house was a foreclosure and the pool had not been attended to for probably a year or two. It had a lot of leaves and branches in the bottom. I have cleaned and vacuumed for the past week, and water is starting to clear a little. Thanks guys, I plan to SLAM this weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.