Intex 20' Setup Issues?

Jun 14, 2011
Had 5 great years with a 16' Intex Ultra Frame. Took it down every fall and setup every May. Had no problems with setup and leveling (<.025" level).

Decided to upgrade to a 20' Intex Ultra Frame this year and starting the stress about the setup. Had the excavate more of backyard for this setup. Placed pavers under each of the feet. Finally got it filled this weekend and noticed that it is about 1" off from being level. The new pool has the white band with the hoops (legs on outside) and no restraining rope on the bottom. Also noticed that one or two of the plastic buttons on the horizontal T-joints have slipped in slightly.

Is being 1" out of level an issue?

Should I be concerned about the new Intex leg/hoop/NoRope setup? Do I need to add restraining rope?

I cant imagine the plastic buttons serve a structural purpose - I had always thought they were just to help hold together for setup. Is the button being recessed a sign of frame pulling apart? Is that even possible when filled with water?

Will post pics in a few ...

Pics will definitely help, but I agree with jmcdtucson about 1" out of level should be fine.

As for the plastic buttons, you might take pictures over several days to see if they slip any more of if they are going to stay put.

As hard as it is to pull the pieces apart when the button is pushed it, you should be okay, as long as the pieces themselves are in the correct place.

Also, the tiles in the pattern on my 26' are not even the whole way across, so of you use that as a guide for whether you are level or not, it will appear off when it isn't. I found this out when my pool got filled all the way to the gray with rain. It made me look at the pattern the whole way around once the water level was down. At the seam there was a 1 tile difference.

As hard as it is to pull the pieces apart when the button is pushed it, you should be okay, as long as the pieces themselves are in the correct place.

Also, the tiles in the pattern on my 26' are not even the whole way across, so of you use that as a guide for whether you are level or not, it will appear off when it isn't. I found this out when my pool got filled all the way to the gray with rain. It made me look at the pattern the whole way around once the water level was down. At the seam there was a 1 tile difference.

Im glad you mentioned the tile thing. Both times setting ours up this year made sure everything was level. We all the way around the frame checking level at every leg and the middle of every top bar. Nothing more thn maybe 1/2 inch off. But yet filling the water level is a tile off from one side to the other.

You could always get 65' of rope and make your own leg restraint. Not sure why Intex stopped sending those, seems like a pretty good safety feature to prevent blowout.

As far as the white push button, I think they are really there to assist with install. Anyone who has taken theirs apart knows that it isn't that easy to get the first piece out. That should be a non-issue for you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.