Need Help with Plumbing a Flow Switch (Copper to PVC)

Jun 26, 2015
Orange County, CA
I was wondering if I could get some assistance with the plumbing for the flow switch on my SWG. If you note the images below, you can see that I have copper in the ground that then transitions to PVC.

The ideal install would be adding the flow switch to the pool return line. The problem with this option is the pool return line has several couplings installed making the addition of a flow switch not feasible.

The “easiest” method would be to replace the PVC from the copper/PVC adapter and run new straight pipe up the Jandy valve (not shown) with the flow switch placed near the bottom.

My question is, what type of adapter is that copper/PVC one, and can I merely replace the top nut part or will the whole adapter need to be replaced?

I’ve done PVC before but I’m mildly nervous about changing a PVC to copper adapter, although the products I’ve seen seem like you slip it on the copper and then tighten. Is it truly that easy?

haGBbdv.jpg

NTRdIEn.jpg

hmGJBju.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.