Occasional lurker that has joined here

eublet

Gold Supporter
May 24, 2016
Mobile, AL
Hey, guys. I've stumbled upon this site in the past a few times when searching for pool help. I'm so tired of being confused and getting conflicting info from my local pool stores. So I just joined with the intent of posting up details about my situation and learning as best as I can from all you guys. I'm tired of battling my swimming pool by throwing dollars at the pool store chemicals that never seem to do much. I'm willing to spend money if that's what it takes, but I have to see results. I also have to understand the process and that is largely what the pool store just isn't helping me with. They are just confusing me more.

Anyway, glad to be here. I apologize in advance for being an idiot about all this stuff. ;-)

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Glad to see you taking charge of your pool. In doing so, please ensure you have the correct test kit. None of those pool store or convenience store items. See the TF-100 link below in my sig. Either the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C come highly recommended here at TFP and are very good values. Checkout the vital links below in my sig and you'll be on your way. Ask all the questions you need. There are NO stupid questions. :)

Well hey there Ebulet. Welcome, and glad you came out of lurkdom :cool:

:::pfffft::::pth: None of us knew how to manage pools when we first started. The frustrations led us all here. So fret not! We can help and we have NO financial involvement in your pool so we don't benefit by "selling you" something (you probably didn't need or could get cheaper at the grocers).

Please go up to the top right side and under profile/settings tell us about your pool in a signature line. What type (vinyl, plaster, fiberglass) size, pump and filter types, etc. This helps us answer your questions.

Then start reading Pool School- ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and get one of the two test kits we trust. TF-100 or Taylor's K-2006. Both available from TFTestkits.net or the Taylor's online. If your pool is particularly large or having problems I'd suggest the TF-100 as it has more reagents that you will need so its a better deal.

Holler back with any questions. We're here to help!

Yippee :flower:

Also a lurker (although daily visits over the past month). Had a new liner replaced last week, pool filled and now beginning to treat. The information here is AWESOME. Have been reading Pool School and bought TF-100 test kit (love it, other than the wife's remarks "there's the chemist again at the kitchen table")...can't believe I spent the last 7 years with just cheap test strips. Surprised I didn't have more problems than I did over the years. Looking forward to using the site and meeting new people. Will post readings and ask for advice as needed.

Oh Soce009- you will be *amazed* when you see how clean and clear your water will be. You just thought you water was okay before, now you'll see what TFP water looks like!

Good move on the test kit. That is my preferred kit also. Tell your wife that Yippee says "Better living thru chemistry!" she'll appreciate your efforts when that pool *sparkles*

It's really surprising how the pool looks just by adding a gallon of bleach everyday since balancing the PH. It's almost crystal clear and even without a SLAM there is no sign of green anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk