Bronze Supporter
May 24, 2016
Owensboro, KY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well, after semi-lurking for the past couple of years, I have finally decided to cut the cord with the pool company. Opened pool Sunday - added shock and algeacide (as per pool company). Water is pretty cloudy this year. Just ordered the TF-100 test kit with magnetic stirrer. I am now off to buy bleach, baking soda, borax, and muiratic acid to be ready for when the test kit arrives.

Can't wait to get started............

Welcome to TFP :)

great job on filling in your sig, it will help, you probably don't need the baking soda and borax yet, we will know what you will need once you get your first tests.. The Muriatic acid (2 bottles) from lowes and 10% bleach from walmart will get used :)

you have probably read everything but check out the SLAM, recommended levels while your waiting for your test kit

Don't buy anything that you can't return. Your water may be better than you think. When you get your kit, your first job will be to post up some test results and then we may or may not suggest some changes.

I think Kentucky is just two days to deliver so your kit will arrive soon.

I've never used anything but this site for pool advice. Trust me - cutting the pool store cord will be the best decision you have ever made regarding your pool.

Read Pool School over a few times. It really helps. The link is in cowboycasey's signature.