sand filter question

May 11, 2016
MD
I have a Triton 2 sand filter from probably 20 years ago when the pool was put in.

the top just pops off? or does it screw off. I just don't want to screw it up... Pun intended. :)

I know they are all different... mine isn't like the thread about deep cleaning it has the switch is next to the sand filter, and not on top of it.

Found the instructions online. thanks

Pool water not sufficiently clean 1. Pool chemistry not adequate to inhibit Maintain pool chemistry or consult pool service algae growth. technician. 2. Too frequent a backwash cycle. Allow pressure to build to 10 psi above clean filter condition before backwashing. 3. Improper amount or wrong sand size. Check sand bed Freeboard and sand size or consult a pool service technician. 4. Inadequate turnover rate.

I believe it is number 2 for now... trying to get CYA down...

Could you post a picture so we can see what your trying to do :) You are right there are many filters and each one is opened a different way..

apparently the trick for cleaning these out isn't the same as some others... it just puts the water in the drain tube so i can't get it full enough to drain out the top of the sand filter. granted it isn't near as bad as i thought it would be... some dirt here or there, but not jammed full.

figured out part of my problem. while i am able to do it somewhat... I can't shut off the pipe to the booster pump for the floor cleaner, so water is always leaking out.

so while i can get some out... i can't run the hose strong enough to do it properly while it is still draining out....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.