Multiport Valve Replacement

May 24, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
We had a pool inspection done and the report listed that the multiport valve isn't functioning properly and needs to be replaced. No further elaboration was listed on the report. I'm pretty confident the inspector didn't take the valve unit apart. The valve handle is stiff when switching between "modes", however, there is no leaking or other issues such as backflow of DE, etc to the pool. We will be disassembling today to check the spider gasket and the spring as we assume it is the spring that is the root cause of the stiff handle.

So, short of spending the $200+ to replace the existing Sta-rite 18201-200H. I'm here to ask, do you have to swap the multiport valve with the same exact make/model that we have?? I'm assuming there may be newer ones out there that are cheaper that will do the same thing. Wondering if it matters and I'm not sure how to go about finding that out.

Any input would be awesome!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.