Burnt hose

Apr 27, 2011
Myrtle Beach, SC
I was just uncovering my equipment (which I take in my 2 spaflex hoses, pump and my filter-to-pump-hose-re-inforced-vinyl for the winter) and I found this (see pic) on my backwash hose(same type as my filter-to-pump) which I leave out. The filter and hose was covered with a blue tarp. This is my 6 year of doing this - never have I seen this before. I am in western pa -- could the heat under the tarp get that hot???

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 71
Ours will end up looking like that from baking in the sun. After several years of being fully exposed the hose from the pump to the filter will look exactly like yours. The last one even started to feel tacky/sticky where it had turned brown. It's not very expensive at lowes or Home Depot to replace it, sold by the foot. Easy fix, just loosen claims and measure hose length and diameter before going to buy a replacement or just take it with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.