Out of FAS-DPD Reagent and in the middle of SLAMing Pool

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I am in the middle of SLAMing my pool, and I just ran out of the FAS-DPD reagent. I don't know how I didn't realize that the bottle was low. I ordered a replacement, but it won't be here until Wednesday. I checked with Leslie's, and they don't have it in stock. Is there anything that I can do? I should have been more careful.

You will not lose too much ground in 2 days. How much bleach have you been adding and how often?

Thanks. I started on Saturday. I had the FC at 20. I had to add a 121 fl oz bottle that night. On Sunday morning, I had to add two more bottles. I took a measurement last night, and it was at 20. I don't know the status as of today, and I'm not sure if I should just add another bottle. My water looks very clear.

I received my reagent today, and the water only had 12 PPM of FC. I am surprised that it dropped that much. On Sunday, the water was at 20. I added one bottle on Monday (121 fl oz) and another yesterday. The water looks very clear. My concern is about the upcoming weekend. I'm having people over, so I'd like to be able to use the pool. Is it bad to let the FC drop to a safe level and then SLAM once the weekend is over? I wanted to have the SLAM done before the weekend, but I'm afraid that FC won't drop fast enough.

I received my reagent today, and the water only had 12 PPM of FC. I am surprised that it dropped that much. On Sunday, the water was at 20. I added one bottle on Monday (121 fl oz) and another yesterday. The water looks very clear. My concern is about the upcoming weekend. I'm having people over, so I'd like to be able to use the pool. Is it bad to let the FC drop to a safe level and then SLAM once the weekend is over? I wanted to have the SLAM done before the weekend, but I'm afraid that FC won't drop fast enough.
Keep SLAMing until at least Friday night. It's safe to swim up to shock level, so even a little drop will put it in shape for swimming Saturday. Friday night would be a good time for the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.