Yet another newbie to pool ownership!

Mar 28, 2016
Zephyrhills FL.
We have a 22x52 Coleman above ground steel frame pool, while I was grocery shopping my son decided to put up the pool even though we had just begun preparing the ground for leveling, by the time I got home the hose was already filling the pool, well water took us over a week to fill but the issue is our pool is 3.5 inches off level. We live in Florida the land of sand and where it's the fullest the leg has sunk in a bit. I have 9 people including myself and 3 are 2, 6 and 7 my grandbabies. I have read many solutions and still confused, some say drain it and start again while others say to use it for the season drain it and start new next season. My common sense tells me to drain it and set it up properly but I am an overprotective person from the start. So any feedback on what to do from experienced pool owners is appreciated.

Hello Tessie and welcome to TFP! :wave:. We see this question quite often each year, but honestly it's because they may be about 1-2 inches off. Being that you are close to 4" already with possibly more settling to occur later, tells me your common sense is correct ....... chalk this one up to being overly-excited and filling a bit too early. Best to fix now as opposed to having something bad happen later, especially if the little ones are in or near the pool at the time it ruptures. Great to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.