Maytronics Solara Heating panels

Jun 13, 2011
Anyone have any feedback on these 2'x4' panels that are supposed to be as good as a full size roof panel? I have seen a few questions posted but no real feedback. All 3 of my local supply stores are pushing these. I want to know if they are worth a $250 investment each as I will need at least 2 for my 15x30 pool.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Solar heating is all about sqft exposure to the sun. IIRC the glazed panels are only helpful if you have a very large temp difference between the air and the pool water. Generally the non-glazed panels will provide more heat per sqft in typical pool applications.

Anyone have any feedback on these 2'x4' panels that are supposed to be as good as a full size roof panel? I have seen a few questions posted but no real feedback. All 3 of my local supply stores are pushing these. I want to know if they are worth a $250 investment each as I will need at least 2 for my 15x30 pool.
Not possible. Solar pool panels in many cases are well over 80% efficient and you can't exceed 100% efficiency. Solar is mostly about capture area. Do you have a link to the panels?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.