Jul 18, 2014
West Chester, PA
Just opened on Saturday. Slamming right away. I've been brushing, vac to waste and staying on top of it for 2 days. Looking much better already. Waiting for some replacement reagents to come in mail to officially test. Ph is high from slam, alk 70 for now. Testing cya and fc when i receive them.
10 gal of 18% should hold me over until they get here.

Couple questions.
(52 Degrees) COLD Water: First time using solar cover. Can I just leave it on 24/7 or let sun hit water during day during SLA?

Algae and funk settling on bottom after killing it all. Can I run Polaris vac to suck some up and help "brush" everything around?

Supposed to be 85 for a couple days at end of week. (Philly area). If it's ok to leave solar cover on, should I leave it on or remove during day to let sun hit? Then again, dropping to 60 at night. Is it necessary to solar cover at night if the air is warmer then water temp?

Thanks all!

First pic from Saturday.
2nd pic from Sunday.

7b52eaca9c690ee5806ba3a62089e981.jpg
ca1c9f871832a1d2872c295b5a89c65e.jpg

Summer is coming eventually...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's best to let the pool "breathe" to help the transfer of oxidized CCs, so I would not recommend leaving the pool covers on - at least not for very long anyways. Also remember to inspect those covers for any algae underneath. :) You should have no problem running your Polaris as long as you don't have such heavy muck down there that may mess it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.