Installed rigid piping this year, looking for feedback

Jun 25, 2013
Green Bay, WI
So after spending my weekend up north building a deck on front of my camper i came home sunday night at 4pm to 80 degree weather (rare for may in WI) with some ambition left to start a rigid plumbing project on the pool with hopes of having it ready for memorial weekend (I can dream right!).

After a trip to the hardware store i managed to get all my supplies in 1 shot and had the project done in just over an hour.
After i stood back and looked at it completed, i have hesitation that it's not going to go well tonight when i fill the pool up, add the shock and fire up the pump.

Pump Pipes.jpg

We just bought the house last June and i didn't bother plumbing in the heater and i used flex hoses. I also didn't have any valves in last year so i never cleaned the cartridge filter all season.

But man, it just seems like i have a lot of pipes running around and i'm worried i'm gonna loose alot of suction and output pressure.

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, behind that filter is my frog system which outputs directly to the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

In case the pipe path isn't clear:

Comes in from pool skimmer, through pump bucket, through pump, out to filter, in filter, out of filter to heater, optional valve to bypass heater, out of heater to frog, from frog to pool.

That is a nice system and I do not think you will have any issues, I bet your PSI is not over 13 with that setup :) Nice job!!!

You know I have to ask, :) frog system, have you pulled the mineral (metal) part out, that is one of the worst things for your pool and we just do not want to see you have to start using metal out products if you don't have to..

It is your pool and we will all respect that you can put whatever you want to in it. Just know that not one contributing TFP member would ever use a frog or any other mineral system in their pool. We have all helped far too many people spend a lot of time and a lot of money removing stains from their pool, green water, green hair and even at least one green dog. :) not kidding!

Plumbing looks great!

Agree, the plumbing looks good, although I can not see how the heater bypass is plumbed.

This concerns me:
add the shock and fire up the pump.

TFP does not just throw "shock" (whatever you mean my that) into the pool. If the pool is green or cloudy, you need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process and to do so correctly requires one of the Recommended Test Kits.

Have a good test kit allows you to only add what the pool needs.

I also agree with the others to STOP with the pool frog before you have have nasty problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.