New AGP Install

Apr 14, 2016
Laurel, Mississippi
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am currently installing my new AGP and had a couple of questions. The first question I have is about wall foam. When applying the wall foam to I go over the skimmer and return holes with the foam and just cut them out later when I do the Skimmer and return install? I am assuming I do but just want to clarify. My other question is once I install the liner, is there a time frame I have to fill the pool up? The reason I am asking is I plan to install the liner one day after work only want to fill it a little at a time so I can make sure I get the wrinkles out. Doing this after work each day I will only have a few hours of daylight. I am just making sure the sun won't hurt the exposed liner with no water. Thanks as always! I plan on posting some pictures of my install, I know how much every one loves to see them.

I can't help much with your install but I would say you want to get your pool filled sooner rather than later. Others will be along with better answers so this bumps your question back to the top

I would put the wall foam on then just cut out the ports and skimmer areas..

The only issue with installing and waiting is weather, if there is not enough water to keep the pool down it can become a kite and fly away...

You will not have long at all. I would get your electrical and plumbing done before installing and filling your pool. I see that you're in the south like me, and we're already at the point where any time that your water isn't treated and circulation it's going to be green in no time.

As soon as your pool is filled you should immediately test the water and bring it up to the recommended levels for CYA and chlorine. If you absolutely must fill before you will be able to hook up your pump and filter, make sure you're at least adding chlorine as a sanitizer and stirring up your water.

You definitely need to get the pool filled enough to excerpt outward pressure on the walls because of wind. Wind alone can destroy a pool in no time.

you can hook it up, it will come in handy if you need to leave or go on vacation for a week :) pucks are great for that, we recommend knowing what you are adding..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Excellent preparation and results.

You will reap the benefits of your hard work with family enjoyment.

Thanks for sharing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.