Draining my pool to clean before opening

May 8, 2015
Vermont
Hello everyone, I have a 27 x 52in above ground pool and was thinking about draining it to get a really good clean to the liner, last year we had some trouble with LG and had a hard time keeping stuff clean for some reason... I was wondering if it was a good idea to drain it to clean the liner first off and how low we can drain it safely without compromising the walls of the pool. Also is there any suggestion on what would be a good cleaning agent for the liner?

Cleaning the liner in the Spring isn't going to do anything to prevent algae (I assume that is what LG means) during the season. You have to maintain a proper chlorine level to keep algae from growing.

I see you joined a year ago, but have you discovered the Pool School yet? It is full of tons of good information that can help you keep your pool clear and algae-free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.