Question about opening pool

May 15, 2015
Brooklyn NY
Hi all. I am about to open my pool tomorrow and forgot what could be a very important step. When I closed the pool after the summer I drained all the water out of the sand filter. I hooked everything back up and would like to know if I have to add water into the filter or can I just attach all my hoses and allow the pump to do its job to get the water in the filter? Also, what setting should I set the multipurpose valve when I first start? Should I backwash or is it OK to just put it to normal operation and hope for the best? Thank you

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If the water level is high enough, you can just let the pump fill up the filter.

If you backwashed the filter at the end of last year, then you can just set the multiport valve to 'filter' to start with.

By the same token, if you backwashed it at the end of last year, I wouldn't worry about backwashing it to begin with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.