Help-pump won't turn off

Tonight after vacuuming I attempted to turn my pump off at the outside control panel ( Jandy Aqualink RS Onetouch) and it does not respond. I can switch to low speed but I cannot turn the pump all the way off. That is, the "pump" button is not working but the aux 2 low speed) does respond.

Obviously I can cut power at the breaker box, but any ideas? Is this a sign of a bad relay, bad Aqualink board, or bad pump (it is only 18 months old).

Thanks for any help--

Well, I walked out there 10 minute later and it had shut itself down. Reading through the searches about this it sounds like it might be a sticky relay. I assume this means it is on its way out.

Is this a simple job: turn off power, detach simle wire leads, replace relay, or is there something more involved ie soldering etc

Looking at the owners manual, it is not obvious which relay to buy? I see 3HP and 1.5 HP jandy relays for sale. My assumption is the 3 HP is the right one for my pump (see signature)?

Is there anything special about relays I need to pay attention to, in regards to electrical ratings. I'd hate to fry something. I'm just savvy enough to turn the breaker off and use a multimeter, but that's it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.