Anyone use this brand liquid chlorine (Bleach)

JamesR

Gold Supporter
May 18, 2015
Nazareth/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have been using the Wegmans, Giant or Walmart brand generic plain bleach, 8.25%. Usually get it for $3/gal.
I stumbled across this today at Wal-Mart, it says 10% Sodium Hypochlorite and it was only $2.50/gal. Seems like a great deal. Anyone use it or know if there is anything undesirable in it?

Thanks Woody. I gotta pick up a cart load of that stuff while it lasts. I go through quite a few gallons/week. Probably save me $15/month with this stuff.

Yep, seems fine. I'd been getting 12.5% from BJs for $3.50/gal, but this 10% at $2.50 is a better deal strength-wise. Just check the dates (the one you have looks recent (127th day of 2016), but I saw others that were from February, so I picked through them a little as I bought my cart load

I have been using it for a few weeks now and so far so good. Every time I go into Wally World I usually pick up 9 bottles for 2.50. I have a decent stock pile at home now :) I don't know when the sale will go off but I will keep buying as long as it stays at 2.50

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback!
Scout mentioned a date code is that the 1st series of numbers on the bottom of the jug? I never knew about that. That is a good tip.

yes. Should be a 16 first for the year (if there's a 15, leave it there!), and then 3-digit number for the day in that year. i.e. if it was made today, it would have 16 146 as the numbers on the bottom. Don't know how long before it starts to break down in fairly ideal storage conditions inside the store, but in general, I'm grabbing the newest stuff they've got on the shelf.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.