Goldline GVA-24 Actuator failed

timjet

Sep 4, 2015
Leesburg, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hi folks,
I have a Goldline GVA-24 valve actuator which controls a valve that turns off/on water going to a spillway.
The actuator is connected to a Pentair Easy Touch 4 control system. The actuator has stopped working.

The actuator electrical cable (3 wire) is connected to the “valve B” actuator 3 pin connector on the Easy Touch Controller. Upon removing the pin connector at the Easy Touch Controller I used a multi-tester and determined I am getting 24v at the pin connector from the white and black pins when the spillway button is on and 24 v on the black and red pins with the spillway button off. I believe this is normal so I’m going to conclude the Easy Touch Controller is not at fault.

I noticed that the actuator motor while I was doing this testing got very hot.

It appears the fault is with the actuator. Can this actuator be repaired and is there any testing of the actuator than can help in determining why it has failed?

I just replaced one. Mine was activating but with high pitch whine. I took the top off and the motor was seized. I ordered a replacement (exact match but new), After I paid full price I found intermatic has drop replacement for half the price. I have ordered 2...we shall see if they are as dependable..

R

rbinn, can you post the web site for the intermatic unit you ordered? How did you determine the motor was seized? I guess there is no replacement parts for these valves.

Does the intermatic have the same 3 pin connector as the Goldline?

The Intermatic one will work with any automation system that uses the 24v actuator. I've used the Intermatic one several times as a replacement but I do not like them as much. Doesn't seem as solid or quick as a Pentair or Hayward.

Well they are still in use to my knowledge. Installed about a year now. I only used them twice but went back to the Hayward and Pentair brands for any future installs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.