Thank you

ec987

May 14, 2014
Lexington, KY
I inherited a pool without instruction from the prior owner, and I learn so much every year about this pool that I'm continually amazed. Thanks so much for all the shared knowledge! Added a few (too many) bottles of bleach to the pool before removing the mesh safety cover. Still had a green mess in the spring, despite winterizing and the added chlorine. No cyanuric at open, so I kept the chlorine at 4ppm or under for a couple weeks, brushed daily, and though it's still too cold to swim in, the pool is as clear as ever, and I haven't spent boatloads of money shocking it. Had some gurgling sounds from the filter (scary loud), and though I know the filter basket housing is leaking air between the basket and filter, I followed the recommended procedures of cleaning the filter basket ring and washing the sand, and I'm now hearing no stress from the filter, no bubbles in the basket. THANKS SO MUCH to everyone for sharing your experiences! I've never had an easier time clearing the pool, and the acoustics are fantastic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.