Beaded Liner Question

badutahboy said:
From what I have read in the past, overlap is the preferred way to go.. As for retrofitting a beaded liner inot your pool, I'm guessing it's more effort than it's worth.

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have paid extra for that beaded liner I got. Beaded liner AND the extra strips to hang it! Ouch! I too, thought it was easier to replace when the time came to do it. Who knows when that will be, but I wanted to be "prepared". Oh well.

I'm also installing a deck on top of two sections of pool ledging. I was hoping not to have to take the deck and ledges off to replace the liner when it came time.

Just a side note to any newbies out there (I am one of them) thinking of getting a beaded liner. I bought a "beaded liner" because I was told I could replace the liner this way. Then I realized a couple weeks later, by accident, that I also needed a snap bead or bead track, or something else installed in order to do what I originally bought it for. So, yes, I did buy the top track for it as well. Had I not done that, I could have still installed the "beaded liner" but without the benefit of taking it off with the pool top ledges still on.

FYI, overlap liners are cheaper and easier to install/replace. The pattern selections are, however, more limited with an overlap. A "beaded" or uni-bead, or J-bead, or duo-bead is used with patterned liners because the "tile" pattern at the top will always be in line with the top railing. In an overlap, that "tile line" is very hard to keep straight.

If you have a 48" wall, your choices for beaded are becoming very limited, as the 52-54" wall pools are much more popular.

Yes, you can add a bead reciever to your overlap-style pool, in most cases, and it's not horribly costly. See how HERE.

Hi, installing a deck over the top rails of your pool is a very good reason to make the switch to a beaded liner. It's one of the very few reasons that make sense to me, but it is a very good one.

Best of luck and don't forget the photos.

Dennis

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.