Silver Supporter
Dec 20, 2015
Arnold md.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Almost sounds like a folk song...lol. So I am guessing since the north east area has yet to see sun for more than two days straight, my cya is higher. And I know it's bad to use the tri-Chlor tabs but I have a big bucket of them so I am using them up.

When the sun returns the cya will most likely go down? And fc will come down as well since it won't have to be so high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UV loss of FC isn't the issue with high CYA. CYA acts as a chlorine buffer in that it binds the chlorine and lowers the active chlorine levels. So when your CYA is high, your hypochlorous acid concentration will fall well below the level needed to control algae.

So, even in the absence of sunny days, high CYA will cause you huge problems if you don't keep your FC at the recommended FC/CYA ratio. Adding more CYA everyday with pucks makes the appropriate level a moving target.

Well cya at 70 now and my fc was only at 4. But we have had two days so far of non stop rain. So it's not terrible yet but higher then it was. I am going to pick up some bleach today so I can keep my fc higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny, don't pour the bleach directly in the skimmer. Pour it slowly near the return jets. That's the best way for mixing and dilution into the water. Use regular bleach (generic is fine) - but no scented bleaches or splashless stuff.

Will do, we are having our first pool party this weekend so want to make sure all is good. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.