Not certain on my fill gallons, not sure how much to add to begin with

May 17, 2016
Rochester, NY
First year pool was opened May 13th, was close right after being built. Adding liquid chlorine twice a day since opened and waiting for the TF-100 to arrive.

The TF-100 arrived yesterday but didn't have time to test.

My numbers, 30 mins after adding chlorine today:
FC 2.5
CC 0.5
PH 7.2
TA 90
CH 150
CYA 0

Know that CYA needs to be brought up so we don't keep burning chlorine. Going to the store to get some stabilizer today.

My issue is I don't know the exact fill amount of my pool. I am guessing, and so is the PB. Should I put in 3/4 of the recommended and see where I am in a week?

Also, since I need to adjust both PH and TA it looks like I can just add washing soda to bring up both. Is that recommended, or should I bring up TA first, with baking soda, then adjust PH? What percentage, 50 or 75, of the recommended to start for either washing soda or the baking soda? How long do I have to wait for these to dissolve and be accurate?

Thanks in advance

How did you determine how much chlorine to add and what percentage is it? Play with poolmath------put in those numbers and see what effect it has on X amount of gallons.

Example: 40 ounces of 8.25% will raise 13,500 gallons by 2 FC

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.