Tear in plastic bottom of Pentair Clean & Clear 200

wil

Nov 18, 2013
North-Dallas Texas
OK every time I buy a new filter within a month the plastic tears at the bottom of the filter. The top doesn't unless I turn the filter over the other way.

Am I doing something wrong in installing the filter or the pvc center section that holds the filter? My pressure gauge seems find its between the 2 arrows. Do I need to clean the filter more often?

These dang filters are expensive and when busted don't clean out the pool as well.

Thanks for your help.

What is your pressure?

those 2 arrows are 90% of the time wrong, we recommend to clean your filters when the pressure rises 25%

If your pressure is at 10 you would clean the filters at 12/13 psi

This type of pressure guage makes it much easier to see when you need to clean TFTestkits.net

I just read this. But don't know if my system is Plumbed backwards.

PLUMBED BACKWARD
When a cartridge is used in a canister through which the water flow is reversed, or “plumbed backward,” debris will collect between the filter media and the center core of the element. Accumulated debris plugs up, or “blinds off,” the media such that the water will not flow properly and pressure will build up inside the filter cartridge. Eventually, the pressure increases to the extent that the end cap(s) crack to release the pressure.

Unless the water flow is corrected, this failure will continue. Your customer should be notified immediately so that corrective action can be taken before another element is installed.http://www.unicelfilters.com/swimming_pool_filter_cartridges_images/img_trouble_06.gif

Just checked the bottom of the filter on the outside. It says inlet and outlet and guess what, they are reversed. Son of a biscuit, it's been like that for 4+ years and I've always wondered why my dang pool doesn't clean as well. I've been using the filter in the skimmer to add a layer of filtration. Guess I have a new project on my hands.

Wil,

That was my first thought, but I figured that likelihood of that happening was so low that I would look like an idiot for suggesting it. Now I look like an idiot for not suggesting it. :brickwall:

Good catch.. Glad you got it figured out.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.