Pool heater (gas) HS error Haywood H series

May 22, 2016
Mayfield, NY
So I just opened my pool on my new house. First time pool owner. I was getting an HS error and temp was reading 104 which wasn't close. Replaced the thermistor, which corrected that. Now I get an HS error after it lights. It will light and run for 15 secs, shake & shut down presenting the error. I know it wasn't open last season. No clue how to fix. I know I have a bad valve on the pump which creates a leak on the waste line and the plumbing is a bad setup, but it worked for the previous owner. Not sure if it's a pressure issue or a part. Suggestions?

Welcome to TFP :)

The heater is shutting down for safety reasons but why I am not sure, it may be a while before someone that has dealt with that heater comes along.. The only other option is to have someone service it, Hayward would be able to tell you what company could do it..

I hope this helps :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.