Black stain

frizille

May 22, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone,

I just pulled the cover off this morning and found a huge black stain in the deep end. The pool is a 20' x 40' gunite with about 36,000 gallons. The black stain is about 6' in diameter in the deep end of the pool. I tried brushing it with a small metal bristle brush and it came up slightly, but not significantly. The water is clear and there's a few misc leaves and such which made their way under the cover, but there's not a ton of debris in there.

I'm thinking maybe a copper stain from the winterizer - I used two Winter Pills (Amazon.com : AquaPill - WinterPill 4 Garden) same as prior years - but have never seen this issue before.

Any ideas what it might be?

Dan

Attachments

• 2016-05-22 10.05.07.jpg
    2016-05-22 10.05.07.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 31
That's puzzling. So let's see if we can identify the stain. Get a puck (tri-chlor) used for chlorinating the pool. Tie it on a string and lower it until it touches directly onto the stain. Let it set for a couple of minutes, and then lift it up and out. I am hoping you will notice a circle (lighter) where the puck was. Tell me what you find.

That's puzzling. So let's see if we can identify the stain. Get a puck (tri-chlor) used for chlorinating the pool. Tie it on a string and lower it until it touches directly onto the stain. Let it set for a couple of minutes, and then lift it up and out. I am hoping you will notice a circle (lighter) where the puck was. Tell me what you find.

I dropped a puck on there last night for about 5 minutes and it did lighten up significantly. When I pulled it up the lightened circle was clearly visible. What's the prognosis?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.