Testing Cell

fordsbyjay

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 1, 2009
Lafayette, LA
Is there a way I can test my Aqua Rite T15 cell?

Last week I had the pool close to balanced and I added some Haviland Stain Eliminator. After adding the stain eliminator the CL dropped to zero and on came the algae. I added bleach a couple of days ago to bring the CL back up. Yesterday I had the CL about 5 with my taylor test kit. This morning the CL is zero. The SWG panel shows voltage and current like the cell is working. It would be quite the coincidence for it to quit at the same time as adding the Stain Eliminator but non the less I would like to eliminate it from the equation.

I have a TF100 kit but I am not sure about some of my test results so I ordered some new chemicals today. I took water samples to two different pool places and all three tests are no where near close.

TF 100 ------ Local Place
CL 5 (Taylor kit) ----- CL 0
PH 7.5 ----- PH 7.3
TA 50 ----- TA 109
CH 160 ----- CH 241
CYA (out of chem) ----- CYA 85

you can take it to leslie's, they can test the cell..

As for the pool store results you way better off with the TF100 :)

If your Taylor chem's are fresh, and you were careful, I'd take the Taylor numbers as correct. The pool people, IMO aren't dishonest, just careless and sloppy.

Leslies does have a tester for Hayward cells, so that's a good bet. Have you tried to take water at the inflow and test it there?

And lastly, try calling Hayward tech support. Sometimes the settings go astray. *

As far as I know, Goldline and Aqua Rite are both Hayward brands.

*last year a had a close lightening strike and I lost my cell type, and a couple of other things and tech support walked me through resetting them. (Circupool) It ran but didn't run right until they set me straight.

If the voltage and amps are good and the salt reading is accurate, the cell is good and working.

Your volts and amps are good. So, it's definitely making plenty of chlorine.

If the salt reading is accurate, the cell is working at its full efficiency.

What is your percentage set to? How long is your daily run time?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.