Floating liner HELP!!!

Hi, 2 days ago I had a new liner installed in my 16' x 32' 6 foot deep pool. This pool is about 25 years old and this is the third liner that was installed. For years we have had problems with the liner floating after heavy rainfall. So before we had this liner put in we had a French drain installed around the pool (about 15' away from it) we were really hoping that this was going to stop our high water table and floating pool liner but it has done nothing.

So my main question is what do I do from here? I had a few people tell me that I need to have a well point installed with a sump pump to lower the water table. The only problem with that is I also just had a new cement sidewalk poured all the way around the pool. The side walk is 10' wide and goes directly up to a new fence that was also just installed. So if dug a hole for the well point right behind the fence would this be too far away from the pool to keep the water out? ( it would be about 11' away from the pool wall)

Any suggestions or advice on this whole well point and sump pump situation would be greatly appreciated. I am just about at the end of my rope with this whole water situation and I have no idea where to go from here.

Thank you for your advice.

Welcome to TFP :)

The best place to install them is closest to the liner... usually within 2 or 3 feet or so, It can be done but it's not easy...

The best way would be to cut a 10 inch hole next to the pool side deep end and dig a hole about a foot below the deep end
put rock in and install a 10 inch pipe

10 inch lid
Casa Newport Premium Skimmer Lids

You would install a pump like this connected to a pipe or hose
WAYNE CDU980E 3/4 HP Submersible Cast Iron and Stainless Steel Sump Pump With Integrated Vertical Float Switch - - Amazon.com

The good part is you really only need it plugged in and pumping when the water level rises unless it is always high then I would permanently wire it and run the discharge hose..

I hope this helps :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.