Moving equipment and extending plumbing

Mar 30, 2013
I am in the process of moving my pool equipment about 35' to gain more room inside of my fenced area. All of my plumbing is flexible pvc so I planned to extend everything using the same thing. I have been reading and it seems that flex is not liked by many people on here. I am in Michigan so I worry about frost heave using rigid. Any suggestions or anything to look for while doing this project? Attached is a picture of the current position of the equipment. I plan to move everything to the left where the marking paint is by digging a trench between the concrete and the fence. Also I should add that my pool was installed about 3 years ago and I do have pics of most of the plumbing.

46894cd4c2620df01838c4d04937a691.jpg

From what I understand it is expensive but other than that it will work

There is another person installing up north and is trying to figure out the same thing about frost heave..

Well, that's a nice move for the space you get. I would even consider putting a little roof over you equipment for UV and Ice protection.......that's if you can make it look nice.

Rigid PVC and your Michigan freezes do not mix well, as you state. Going all flex is normally something I would avoid but it makes sense in your case.

Is there a local PB in your areas that might share his history with you? Certainly, he has to address the same thing.

Well, that's a nice move for the space you get. I would even consider putting a little roof over you equipment for UV and Ice protection.......that's if you can make it look nice.

Rigid PVC and your Michigan freezes do not mix well, as you state. Going all flex is normally something I would avoid but it makes sense in your case.

Is there a local PB in your areas that might share his history with you? Certainly, he has to address the same thing.

The pb that installed the pool 3 years ago has been in business for over 25 years. He quoted me to do the plumbing but told me that I could save money doing it myself and that he can get any materials I may need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.