Just got my TF-100 the results are in. Help!!!

Bski224

Jan 18, 2016
Long island NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
What's up guys AWESOME SITE!!!!. Well after much reading I finally got my test kit. Did some testing today and here we go. This is a brand new build and I'm a brand new pool owner.

The yellow and red drop kit for everyday PH chlorine.
CL 24 PH 7.8

chlorine drop test 2.5
CYA was below 20
TA 90
Calcium in need to redo.

Last week water was becoming very green. Pool company came over to finish some stuff and they poured 2 gallons of shock in water without my knowledge or approval. This was prior to my TF 100 arriving. Water is much clearer now but still a bit cloudy and when I brush side walls there is some algae.

Thougths comments greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Very possible you have algae in there now. :( That's a shame because you need to "SLAM" to remove algae. Are you past your 30-day break-in period with the pool/plaster? Do you have full control of your chemistry, or is the PB doing anything for you?

They really didnt do anything other than add salt. They said once pavers are done they will be back to show me how all equipment works and do a full clean etc... Not sure what the 30 day break in is. This is a vinyl lined pool. It's had water in it since April 27th

Oh good, vinyl. Then the break-in doesn't apply. Then the chemistry should be all you now. They may come back to show you equipment, but I guarantee their training for chemistry won't match TFP. So to remove the algae you need to "SLAM" (link below). Adjust CYA with granular stabilizer to ensure it's a 30 ppm. Adjust pH to 7.2, the increase FC to 12. Follow everything you see on the SLAM page and it will work. In case you didn't know, we increase FC primarily with regular bleach. As long as you have the CYA at 30 in the pool, the FC of 12 is safe. SWGs are no designed to maintain such a high FC level.

Might be a good idea to update your sig to show the pool as "vinyl" as well. :)

Ok, thanks. This is a bit intimidating for me as a first timer, lol
SO i will buy Muriatic acid to lower the PH (according to pool math)
Add a conditioner to bring CYA up
And then add bleach to rise PH to 12 (according to pool math)
Is that basically it??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok I didn't do SLAM due to the fact it was not algae it was some dirt from pavers being installed. Here are my #'s what do you guys think!!! I put in CYA 2 days ago I think I need more but not sure how long I should wait until fully shows up on test.

FC 1
CC 0
TC 1
CAL 125
TA 90
CYA 30
Thanks again guys your AWESOME!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I didn't do SLAM due to the fact it was not algae it was some dirt from pavers being installed. Here are my #'s what do you guys think!!! I put in CYA 2 days ago I think I need more but not sure how long I should wait until fully shows up on test.

FC 1
CC 0
TC 1
CAL 125
TA 90
CYA 30
Thanks again guys your AWESOME!!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way water looks clear

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.