List of things I need? Cost cutting essentials

Should I buy a pool brush and/or algae brush? Since it is a swamp now. Or skip those and use Leaf Rake, LeafMaster, regular vaccuum, and Dolphin. Pool brush or algae brush could help with cleaning the covers too I figure. They are fairly cheap ($20) so I am leaning towards getting at least one of them, but I still would like to save if they aren't going to help much.

A good brush is very handy, though you won't use it all that often. The cleaning robot counts as brushing, so most of the time you won't need to brush much. Still, there are places the robot can't get that you can use the brush for and every now and then you might want to brush manually.

I don't know anything about brushes though... I just happened to see Pentair had a pool brush and algae brush. So I don't know which type and size to get if I get one.

I should probably have a skimmer net too, although this is adding up to $$$. We have just been using the leaf rake net for surface skimming too.

aquamarine said:
I don't know anything about brushes though... I just happened to see Pentair had a pool brush and algae brush. So I don't know which type and size to get if I get one.

Buy products made only for VINYL pools! Different vac heads, different brushes, etc.

I say that 'cuz I'm still using a nylon brush and needing a combo brush
:roll: :mrgreen:

I should probably have a skimmer net too, although this is adding up to $$$. We have just been using the leaf rake net for surface skimming too.

I bought my leaf rake and brush at WalMart for $12-$14 a piece.

Aqua...didn't you mention two posts above you already had a leaf rake and are using it for skimming too? I'm confused, why do you need the pentair one too since the title of the post has to to with cost cutting and essentials?

I am guilty of buying everything "pool" due to my own spring fever, but just wanted to remind you why you started the post

Well, I have a leaf rake with holes in it. I was asking in another thread if I could somehow sew or heat seal it, but it's a cheaper type that tends to rip easily. Would be so cool if I could heat seal it without damaging the sealer. Sewing could take a while and be a pain so I don't know about that. So I decided to buy a Pentair, I just haven't decided where I am going to buy it. Online they mostly want $7-10+ for shipping, ew.

Ah, OK got it...sorry about that. Just FYI, if you have multiple questions about your water and/or pool at the same time it is helpful to keep them in one thread so we can see all your question and give our best suggestions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.