New Build - First Pool Las Vegas, NV

ff702

Bronze Supporter
May 11, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone,

Every time I've "Googled" a pool question this site comes up and I end up spending hours reading your threads and viewing your amazing pools. I figured at this point I may as well join in the fun. I'm sure once we have water we will have tons of questions as this is our first ever pool and we (well at least I) am feeling a bit overwhelmed at this point.

Although my husband is in the construction industry he has been in and out of town for about a year so we decided against O/B. We signed our contract with a pool builder we did work with about 16 years ago on March 24th and after the 3 day back out period plans were sent to engineering, permits were underway, and HOA requests were made.

Grading and digging began on April 18th, followed by plumbing, steel and electrical in the weeks since. We passed inspection on our first shot Wednesday morning and at 6 a.m. today the shotcrete and waterfall crews came rolling up. :)

We are very relieved to be able fill in some trenches and begin to get things put back together somewhat at this point! So is our HOA btw. We keep getting notices for the boat in the driveway. :( haha

That's great. Welcome to TFP! :wave: Make sure to stay close and read the Pool School page and other vital links you see below in my signature. Don't forget to have a TF-100 test kit on-hand the minute you fill the pool with water. Accurate testing at home is priority #1. Great to have you with us.

HI! You are SO lucky you found us. Most people find TFP AFTER they get "pool stored" as in paying WAY too much money for stuff you can buy at Target! You are going to love your pool!

So where is our "pay" aka pictures?? LOL if you have been reading you know we LOVE pictures!

Kim:cat:

Before photos of grass and paver fire pit patio. These were both removed to make way for the pool. The pavers that were removed will be used to fill in from the paver patio at the bottom of the photo to the coping/decking.
Paver Fire Patio B.jpg

This picture shows the initial painting of the layout in blue. The pavers have been removed and the excavator is on site. At this point we realized that it was too close to a tree that is staying (not pictured) and the wet deck/shelf would have to be reshaped and the whole pool shifted left by a few feet. Not only that, but the tree in the top left corner would need to be moved.
File_006 (1).jpg

Next is the picture of the grading and the transplanted complete. We had already pulled out it's twin and put it into a giant pot since we could see by the drawing that it had not been taken into consideration. You will be able to see in future pictures that my poor tree went in to shock and we had to trim it pretty severely. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it makes a comeback over the next year.

The new placement and reshaping of the wet deck is now painted in red and approved by me for digging to begin.
File_003 (5).jpg

37be77935d19ebe6e398b2a80bc9c782.jpg
My wife has been slacking so I will bring all up to speed. [emoji23] Plumbing and bar all went in. The waterfall guy showed up and got his work complete. We did shotcrete Saturday yippee.
83dc6c1201a4e04745bfa9125f969a0f.jpg
ae96e49aca4d62644e8f7ad1d981e85a.jpg
97852b2f1f7b1b69448febdbf382e332.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now here is the question. We have been water curing since Saturday and of course there has been some hairline cracking. On one side we have a 12" raised bond beam and the cracking is more severe on this side. My wife is very nervous about this. I am telling her this is what we want so that when we finish cracks will be filled and all will be good. Any thoughts on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.