Help with Hayward Heater

MarD

Apr 14, 2016
PLAINVIEW
Hi all,
I need help. Heater was working fine a week ago. Heated pool overnight and it was maintaining 76 degrees, I believe it was not heating/ignited at the time and just maintaining the 76 degrees in morning when I raised the temp from 76 to 78 and suddenly the panel went out. After fussing with the circuit breakers and manual temp limiter switch for hours I was able to get the panel to light again. It ignited but then shut down after 5 seconds and gave me error code SF. I purchased a new thermistor and installed and it did not fix the problem. I was told by Hayward to replace the control panel. I did and when I installed the screen read the correct pool water temp but when I switched from standby to "POOL" the panel blanked out again with no error codes. The control panel screen will now not light up again. Any ideas?

Your board went off and won't light up at all? Sounds like something was either wired incorrectly and you now have a bad board, or you had a bad board to begin with. Hard to speculate without knowing all the details, though.

From the troubleshooting guide, if you're experiencing this problem:

"Verify 22-28 VAC is present between COM and AC terminals on ICB board. If voltage is present and display is blank, replace Display Board. If voltage is not present, replace ICB."

http://www.haywardnet.com/pdfs/uhs-heater-troubleshooting-guide.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.