How do I run SWG with an Intelliflo VF?

dravenone

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
Glendora, California
I purchased new equipment but am considering returning the 3/4 HP RS Hayward for an Intelliflo VF. I also purchased a Hayward Swim Pure Plus which I will keep. I would not want to buy the control panel for the Intellilflo. Is there a way to turn on the SWG when the pump turns on without buying the control panel :?:

EskimoPie said:
In my system (and I think in most systems) the SWCG is wired to the same power relay that the pump is on. Thus the pump and SWCG turn on and off at the same time.

The problem with the intelliflo is that it requires power 24/7 whether or not it's running, so with that setup you could have power to the SWG but no flow, which is fine if the flow switch is working properly.

One more thought on this. Can I wire the VF per insctructions, program start/stop times then put my SWG on a timer that turns on 1 hour after the pump does and turns off on hour before the pump? I'm trying not to depend just on the flow sensor. Are there problems I am not aware of if it's done this way?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.