Going crazy choosing new liner!

jstblush

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pasco, WA
Hi all.
We are getting a new liner for our in ground pool. I am having the hardest time trying to choose a liner. The choices are from Pacific and Plastimayd. I am interested in the tan liners but am a little scared to take that leap. And if we get blue my husband wants a darker blue than we have now.

Do any of you have any photos of liners from these 2 companies that you could post here for me? I really need help with this and don't have much time to decide. I don't have the names of the ones we're considering right this minute, but will post them later. And we're interested in ANY that you all may have had installed if you have pictures.

Thank you for any and all help with this super hard decision. I only get one chance! :)

Sherry

We decided to replace our liner before it leaked, and my wife asked me to see which ones I liked. I pretty much spent 30 seconds looking and decided I didn't care enough to keep looking. She did show me one that I didn't like and said no to that one. I'm not even 100% sure what we are getting, but I'm sure it will be OK.

Wow, Mr Wolfe, that is gorgeous! I wonder why they keep telling me the water is going to look brown or clear. I told them the water doesn't look brown in the photos I see. But they insist it will look brown because it's in a small area. Not like the ocean. My pool is just a normal size. It's a rectangular 16x36. Regardless, your pool is really beautiful! Thank you for the link. One question though. It doesn't look like you have a border at the top water line. Did you go all the way to the top with the Gold Pebble?
Sherry

Wow, Mr Wolfe, that is gorgeous! I wonder why they keep telling me the water is going to look brown or clear. I told them the water doesn't look brown in the photos I see. But they insist it will look brown because it's in a small area. Not like the ocean. My pool is just a normal size. It's a rectangular 16x36. Regardless, your pool is really beautiful! Thank you for the link. One question though. It doesn't look like you have a border at the top water line. Did you go all the way to the top with the Gold Pebble?
Sherry

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for the compliments. The water is absolutely gorgeous if I do say so myself. :) I promise you it will not look clear or brown. You can see from my pictures that even when we first started filling the pool it was already a Carribean blue color. At 6" of water or less it may appear clear. Good luck with your decision I would really push for the brown liner.

Oh, and yes, we decided to go borderless and have the gold pebble go to the top. 2 reasons, but they are both obviously subjective. 1) The border is designed to emulate real tile and I didn't want that. I wanted it to look more natural and 2) We have exposed aggregate concrete around the pool and it appears to be an almost perfect match to the liner. We have had many people think that our pool is concrete instead of a liner - even in person.

Good luck!
Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe, I had planned on getting this exact liner, no boarder as well. You say in 6" of water it make appear clear. You do mean inches and not 6ft or less right? I'm getting a sports bottom that will be 4ft on both ends meeting right at 6ft in the middle. Your pool and deck are beautiful!
Hi Sherry,

Thanks for the compliments. The water is absolutely gorgeous if I do say so myself. :) I promise you it will not look clear or brown. You can see from my pictures that even when we first started filling the pool it was already a Carribean blue color. At 6" of water or less it may appear clear. Good luck with your decision I would really push for the brown liner.

Oh, and yes, we decided to go borderless and have the gold pebble go to the top. 2 reasons, but they are both obviously subjective. 1) The border is designed to emulate real tile and I didn't want that. I wanted it to look more natural and 2) We have exposed aggregate concrete around the pool and it appears to be an almost perfect match to the liner. We have had many people think that our pool is concrete instead of a liner - even in person.

Good luck!
Mr. Wolfe

I'm always amazed how many pool dealers advise their customers that the water will look muddy if they install a tan liner. It really has a nice effect, as you can see in the pictures linked to this thread. The only thing I'd like to add--the water looks a little greenish on an overcast day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.