Brands of hardness increaser

Apr 24, 2016
Dayton, Ohio
New pool, need to get CH from125 to 350+ so need a lot of calcium chloride, looking to get a couple 40 lb bags or 25/50 pound bags. I'm in Ohio but missed the winter supply of cheap de-icer options it seems. I can order online from pool supply store but didn't want to spend $150. Has anyone used the Morton ice melt, it is a mixture of sodium chloride and calcium chloride, and my pool needs another 40 lbs of salt anyway? That's like$4 for 40lb at Walmart. Amazon has Snow Joe professional calcium chloride ice melter that says it's 94% calcium chloride, and I assume the rest is mostly water since it's not anhydrous. Anybody try either of these or heard of others using? I can get 35 lb pails at Leslie's for $65 plus tax I think, but I don't really want to. Since winter is far off and I can't get other cheap options at HD or Lowes, should I just eat the pool store bill? Thoughts welcome.

New pool, need to get CH from125 to 350+ so need a lot of calcium chloride, looking to get a couple 40 lb bags or 25/50 pound bags. I'm in Ohio but missed the winter supply of cheap de-icer options it seems. I can order online from pool supply store but didn't want to spend $150. Has anyone used the Morton ice melt, it is a mixture of sodium chloride and calcium chloride, and my pool needs another 40 lbs of salt anyway? That's like$4 for 40lb at Walmart. Amazon has Snow Joe professional calcium chloride ice melter that says it's 94% calcium chloride, and I assume the rest is mostly water since it's not anhydrous. Anybody try either of these or heard of others using? I can get 35 lb pails at Leslie's for $65 plus tax I think, but I don't really want to. Since winter is far off and I can't get other cheap options at HD or Lowes, should I just eat the pool store bill? Thoughts welcome.
I recently got the professional snow joe from Amazon and can confirm it works great.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.