Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Nebo, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I found TFP last year, as I was having trouble stabilizing my chemistry. (First full year as a new pool owner). Following your recommendations, instead of those of my installer (who disappeared on me shortly after we got the pool opened last year), stabilized my chemistry wonderfully, so I had a trouble free pool the rest of the year. Until the end of the season, that is, when I discovered my CYA was up dramatically. I had, you see, followed the instructions here except where the use of the triclor tabs for general chlorinating was concerned. After all, I had a huge bucket of them! So somehow I missed (ignored?) that part.

As I was preparing to open this year, had a conversation with a friend about my troubling CYA level, who directed me back to TFP and pointed out that the tab usage was what caused my elevated CYA. So I opened a week or so ago, the pool looked great--as though I just hadn't cleaned it in a couple of weeks. After adding water to bring it up to proper level and cleaning, CYA was down and everything else was just where it should be--FC at <.5. I'm now doing a mid-level slamming (with 10% hypochlorite I found at WalMart for $2.50/gal), and I fully expect a season of a trouble free pool. So I just want to say THANKS, TFP, and for new pool owners, follow ALL the advice. Love you guys!:cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.