Buy a New Pool or Deal With Size

May 11, 2009
Hanna City, IL
We are going to build a new deck this year. (Thanks to those who helped me decide!) We're going to use vinyl at this point.

The question is...I would like to build a deck that partially wraps around the pool. Eventually I would like a bigger pool when ours bites the dust. Is there any way to do this? I'm thinking maybe it would be better to just sell our 18 foot Cornelius used and buy new. I called my local pool dealer and can get a 24 foot Outback Brisbane pool, liner, and skimmer for $1639. (We do all the set-up ourselves.)

Could anyone offer advice? It's so hard to weigh the options when you are in the throws of it!

Thanks,
Nicole

If you're planning on upgrading at some point in the future, do it now.. $1600 is a pretty good deal, and I'm assuming you're probably spending 5k+ on your deck, so it's not a huge addition to the expense..

Doing it now will be WAY better than trying to "fix" your deck to fit it in a few years.

badutahboy said:
Doing it now will be WAY better than trying to "fix" your deck to fit it in a few years.

I would agree with that! We modified our existing deck and built the extension on to go part way round the pool, and it took 2 years to complete (DIY) on weekends and holidays and was very costly, as opposed to starting from scratch.

badutahboy said:
If you're planning on upgrading at some point in the future, do it now.. $1600 is a pretty good deal, and I'm assuming you're probably spending 5k+ on your deck, so it's not a huge addition to the expense..

Is $1639 (plus tax) a good deal for a 24 foot round Brisbane Outback Pool? I have no idea-our pool was there when we bought the house.

sasquach45 said:
badutahboy said:

Is $1639 (plus tax) a good deal for a 24 foot round Brisbane Outback Pool? I have no idea-our pool was there when we bought the house.

I couldn't find pricing on that specific pool, So I don't know if it's a good deal or not...

However, I just priced out a 24 foot Niagra by swim N play on poolsupplies.com, and for the pool and liner (no equipment), it came out to $1220... That's rated as mid-grade by them, and is fairly close in specs to the outback (the outback looked a little bit better), so I'd say it's certainly not a bad deal...

I'd google outback brisbane pool... About 7-8 retailers came up with that search.. I'd call them all and find the best deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.