Dolphin M 500

pypeke

Silver Supporter
Jul 31, 2015
Southeastern Oklahoma
Thank you to TFP forum and its members! I have been reading for a couple of weeks about robotic cleaners and have finally decided which cleaner to get. I decided on the Dolphin M 500 because of the triple brushes (so it won't get stuck on main drain) and because of the programs. I like that I can clean the floor only, the floor, sides and waterline, or the waterline only. I doubt I will ever use the weekly timer since I will remove it after each use.

I paid $1199.00 for it which I think is a good deal. A replacement motor costs $389.00 which is also a decent price compared to other robotic cleaner brands. I ordered it on the phone on Saturday and it will be here on Tuesday or Wednesday. Customer service told me the 3 year warranty is still in effect since it was a phone order. This was my main concern of course. Only time will tell.

From researching I think it will work well with my vinyl liner...I hope. The liner was replaced last year by a (supposed) professional. He measured and ordered the wrong dimensions of the playpool liner. He left a 6ft long "bubble" of liner above the waterline and about 20 or 25 wrinkles in the liner on the walls. He also told me that while he walking on the concrete, the concrete collapsed a few inches in multiple spots. Of course he didn't tell me until AFTER the liner was installed and the pool was filled. When I asked him to remove the wrinkles, he said he couldn't then lowered the install cost to what I had already paid when he ordered the liner. $2000.00.

So I have a question about the wrinkles, sunken concrete, and the liner. Will the M500 tear the wrinkled vinyl? Thanks.

That's what I thought. It is very difficult the get the manual brush inside the wrinkles to clean. Well, we will just use the liner as long as it lasts. We live 2 hours from a large city so there are not many good repairmen or contractors out here in the boonies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.