Digital tester?

There are some testers out there that can test specific things, like pH, but not an all in one tester.

Not to mention they can be expensive, and need periodic calibration. Using a test kit, like a TF-100 or a K-2006, is far more accurate and cost effective.

The short answer is no, the long answer is about the only one on the market that I personally would consider is the LaMotte Waterlink Spin Lab (not to be confused with the LaMotte ColorQ which many people here have reported having unreliable results with (some after professing how wonderful they are then coming back moths later with issues). The down side of the Spin Lab is there is an upfront equipment cost of about $800-$1,000 and the per test cost (disk refills) is about 2-3 times the per test cost for the TF-100 or K-2006. In addition to this some care needs to still be maintained handling the samples and filling the test disks in order to get theoretically acceptable results (preventing air bubbles and keeping the bottom side of the disk from being contaminated or getting wet).

Ike

p.s. having said that I will stick with the TF-100 with a speed stir, it is about $700-$900 cheaper and only takes slightly longer to preform a test sequence. Now maybe my thoughts would be different if I were testing 10-12 times per day, and was spending someone else's money but I am not.....

i live in Cyprus in the med and i've just purchased one, its a Sensafe pool exact EZ, they're an American company in South Carolina i believe, just google em.
Tests, pH, TA, FC (DPD-1), CC (DPD-3), CYA, Calcium hardness.
It was 120 euros, so about 140 dollars?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.