My pool

Jun 4, 2013
I've been lurking for a while and never really bothered to introduce myself. My name is Jason and I bought a house with a pool in December 2012. The first thing I did was go out and buy some trichlor tablets and box of dichlor shock. Then I found TFP and learned how to really maintain my pool cheaply and easily. If I attached the picture right, you should be able to see what it looks like.

I live in northwest Indiana, so sadly, the swim season is short, but I'm thinking about adding solar heating this year. I just opened the pool yesterday, so I'm cleaning it up now and hoping for some warm weather to get it warm enough to swim. I'm also installing a new Stenner pump to automate my chlorine addition.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who contributes here! It's a big help when trying to solve problems.

Jason

Attachments

• 2013-06-10 18.58.39.jpg
    2013-06-10 18.58.39.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 39
Looks like this right now, but I'm not worried. I've found that so many worms get in over the winter that I don't bother cleaning before closing. I just make sure I close before the leaves drop.

Attachments

• 20160521_102550.jpg
    20160521_102550.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 34
Neat setup! I like the alternating lounge chair colors that coordinate with the decking/coping/steps. You've actually given me a thought on a way to build a shed. I could possibly utilize an "L" shaped building like you have. Thanks for sharing.