hgiljr

Jul 13, 2015
Miami, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have been reading up about the itchy feel while in or out of the pool and Solar Salt should help. I was thinking of adding one bag, but my current salt levels range between 3500 - 3800. After adding the solar salt, do I lower the desired output knob on my Hayward system or leave it as is? Thanks in advance.

Why would you add more salt to a pool that already has sufficient salt levels? Solar salt is just salt, nothing else. An additional bag will make no difference in feel.

Just basing my thread on what others have said in other threads that by adding solar salt would help with the itching feeling we are experiencing while in the pool.

Yes, but you'd already be getting the benefits of salt since your pool already has salt in it. There is absolutely no difference between "solar salt" and pool salt. They are both high purity NaCl.

If you're experiencing some difficulties with the feel of your water, and if you don't have one, I suggest you get one of the test kits we recommend and post up water test results. Often times, itchiness is a sign of water chemistry problems.

You already have plenty of solar salt in the pool. Adding one more bag won't change the feel of the water.

A K-2006 from Amazon or a TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. Either one will be fine.

TFP does not trust pool store testing as it is often inaccurate and the ad vice based on it is often dead wrong. It is our contention that the pool owner is the only one that truly cares about their pool. Everyone else is simply trying to make money off of it. You'll notice that many times pool store testing is often accompanied with a print out of the corrective actions you need to take and a list of chemicals you need to buy. The chemicals are often more expensive versions of stuff you can find in your local supermarket, big box store or hardware store. The tests always tell you something is wrong and always instruct you to buy overpriced pool store chemicals.

When you test your own pool water yourself, you then know exactly what your pool needs and you can come here for the very best advice....for free!

A K-2006 from Amazon or a TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. Either one will be fine.

TFP does not trust pool store testing as it is often inaccurate and the ad vice based on it is often dead wrong. It is our contention that the pool owner is the only one that truly cares about their pool. Everyone else is simply trying to make money off of it. You'll notice that many times pool store testing is often accompanied with a print out of the corrective actions you need to take and a list of chemicals you need to buy. The chemicals are often more expensive versions of stuff you can find in your local supermarket, big box store or hardware store. The tests always tell you something is wrong and always instruct you to buy overpriced pool store chemicals.

When you test your own pool water yourself, you then know exactly what your pool needs and you can come here for the very best advice....for free!

Thank you very nuch

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't believe the K-2006 or TF-100 contain salt tests. It is an optional add-on.

I recommend the drop type test, as it is easier to get accurate results.
Taylor Salt Test

If you order Taylor p/n K-2006-S, the "S" signifies to add on the salt test reagents. Obviously it will be more expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.