New Pool owner - 15 bags of salt laying around.

Sep 5, 2015
Smithtown, NY
Hi, I have an 18x36 built in pool with with hayward filter and Aquarite AQR15 salt generator. The pool has been installed and filled since last fall and the water is clear. I have 15 bags of salt left in my yard by the pool builder who said the salt should be dumped into the pool once my masonry is complete. I just finished my coping this week, but still no surrounding patio area. Is there a reason I should wait to apply the salt or should I dump them in now? I'm guessing the bags are emptied directly into the water?
Thanks!

Welcome to TFP :)

No reason to wait, just dump them in the pool and run the pump and brush the salt around.. depending on the temp it may take a few days to fully show up on the test :)

speaking of testing, what test kit are you using?

you really need to know how much salt you already have in the pool... you will be suprised how much is already there..

Guess strips are just not what you want for your pool, look in my sig below and check out the test kits.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.