Potassium Monopersulfate

Feb 21, 2009
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where one can buy potassium monopersulfate in bulk...like 50-100 pounds containers. GLB sells it under the name of Oxy-Brite. Just trying to save$$$ on my end.

Thanks

Hi, fountainman,

I can't help with your question....(others will, I'm sure) but I am very interested in your maintenance routine you have established on your fountains. Are you planning on MPS for every pool? Did you nix chlorine? Your situation was pretty unique and I'm wondering how your fountains are doing. :lol:

MPS is available in 50 and 100 lb bags. You want to find a local pool chemical supply shop that caters to large indoor pools. Anyone like that ought to carry it. You can find it on the Internet, but shipping can get very expensive. It is classified as a hazardous material, so best bought locally.

duraleigh said:
Hi, fountainman,

I can't help with your question....(others will, I'm sure) but I am very interested in your maintenance routine you have established on your fountains. Are you planning on MPS for every pool? Did you nix chlorine? Your situation was pretty unique and I'm wondering how your fountains are doing. :lol:

Hello Duraleigh,

Basically it depends on the stone. I use MPS +Trichlor 1" tabs + PH up or down and ocassionally Bromine 1" tab instead of Trichlor. For more porous stone like Limestone or Coquina I use MPS + Enhance (1step liquid bromine) + PH up or down. Each fountain has its own personality and adjustment have to be made in the summer.

Thanks

JasonLion said:
MPS is available in 50 and 100 lb bags. You want to find a local pool chemical supply shop that caters to large indoor pools. Anyone like that ought to carry it. You can find it on the Internet, but shipping can get very expensive. It is classified as a hazardous material, so best bought locally.

Jason,

Thanks for the info. I buy from Superior Pools.... I will check into it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.