need a little help on getting pool up and running

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hey all. Ok, last fall our old liner bit the dust, and slowly leaked out some water before winter freeze. Then in the spring, the rest leaked out...all 25,000 gallons. (it's a 33 foot diameter pool).

Anyway, I have purchased a new (overlap) liner for it. I notice that where the water leaks were it washed away alot of the sand coping..and then 3 of the vertical columns sunk about 2 inches......So I need to raise those columns back up so they are level with the rest of the pool What is the best way to do that? Can I use a string level from across the pool to bring the low side back up to level? I want to be careful raising the vertical columns, so I don't knock the wall out of the lower retaining ring, etc etc.

Any help would be great!!

Dan

Even with the pool empty, it is very heavy. You will find that out, especially if several posts sunk.

A bunyip is probably cheaper than a long straight 2X4. I need advice on leveling my ground.

zZ4J15u.jpg

Lever the pool up and fill the low spots with decomposed granite or something and maybe a patio paver on top to spread the weight out.

thanks folks...I just went out and bought a laser style Transit (sp) and it worked really really well. I think my pool wall is back to darn near perfectly level! I also did add blocks under those legs that settled, so the new liner is in now, and water trucks should be coming in the next couple hours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.