broken elbow connection on pool pump, picture...

Jul 10, 2012
Herndon, VA
Opening the pool today, I noticed the elbow connection on the back of the pump is no longer attached flush against the pump.

Can I just try to caulk this up for a quick fix?....

or should I replace the elbow? Where would I find this piece?

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, I tried briefly to caulk, but there was too much movement in the line to work. I think the connection has broken, so it's unable to screw back into place.

To install a new elbow connection, I'll have to disconnect the wires inside the pump, correct?

We've got rain on the way tomorrow...not sure I can get this done tonight. Will this ruin the motor if I keep it running like this during the rain?

Correct, you have to disconnect the wires, pull the conduit off and the wires out, screw on the new fitting to the motor, feed the wires through it and connect the conduit, reconnect the wires.

You could always put a cover over the pump, even a tarp over everything just to keep the water off the motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.