Brand Spankin' New

We just bought a 12' diameter AGP from Wally-World (vinyl). We got it up, and filled it with water. Started the pump, now what? I'm reading about chlorination, testing, and everything else I can find, but I've never even THOUGHT about owning a pool until today. Can you offer any tips or suggestions?
We set the pool up on the screened-in deck, thereby limiting it's sun exposure. It's 12' wide and 3' deep. We currently have a small floater chlorine dispenser and that's about it. There's nil mentioned in the manual about chlorinating (at least not in English). Do I shock it first and then test?
Thank you in advance...

Josh

take a deep breath then click on the pool school link in the upper right corner of the page (or in my sig).
Read everything, Read it a second time.
Post any questions you might have
GET A GOOD TEST KIT!!!!!!
Pool School talks about the test kits we recommend as being the easiest to use, best value for the money and most precise! You only have two choices here and anything else is NOT really going to do the job. Just ask ANY of our members!

Most important, enjoy your pool! If you follow the advice here you will, and you won't break the bank doing it!

Welcome to the forum....Pool School, Pool School, Pool School...then get your water tested post the results here and we can help you out from there. Not know anything about the water chemistry in your fill water, we are unable to provide accurate advice.

I recommend the TF100 testkit from tftestkits.net...probably cost 1/2 as much as the pool, but in the long term it will save you money and frustration as you will not be wasting time and money on unneccessary chemicals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.